Our Pre-Kindergarten program uses a research and evidence based curriculum that is aligned with the Mississippi State University Early Childhood Institute. We have also partnered with School Readiness through like the implementation of the Mississippi Early Learning Guidelines. Every year we update the milestone set in place by the Tupelo Public School District and the Lee County School District.
Lessons are targeted through large and small group activities, individual instructional activities, and learning centers that are used throughout the thematic unit. The curriculum includes integrated language arts (listening, thinking, speaking, writing, viewing, and reading). Also included are music, art, math, social studies, science, dramatic play, and physical activities.
- Integrate subject areas in order to make learning meaningful and fun.
- Facilitate the development of the whole child-social, educational, emotional and physical-through developmentally appropriate activities.
- Be flexible enough to allow the teacher to adapt the curriculum to the individual needs of the child.
- Support established guidelines and standards for early childhood education.
- Encourage the family involvement and keep family members informed of their child’s development.
- Provide creative, hands on activities that allow children to learn through experimentation and exploration and encourage development of higher-order thinking skills.
- Stimulate creativity and foster a positive self-image in each child.
- Your child will have a Transition to Kindergarten Portfolio.
To know more, don’t hesitate to call 662-842-7100.